Co-Rec League Rules
- Days Played - Thursday nights
- Game Times - 6 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m., rain make-ups potentially at 9 p.m. or on Field 6
- Fields Used - Memorial Park and Mill Park
- Home and Away - Schedule Determined
- Run Rules - 10-run rule after 5 innings; 15-run rule after 4; 20-run rule after 3 innings
- Game Postponement - The Parks and Recreation Department will postpone games due to inclement weather or wet fields during the afternoon. Umpires shall determine on the field if game(s) will be postponed. Please call the rain-out number at 218-454-2900, ext. 3350, or check the Cancellation Page.
- Number of Players - See rule book. If there is no person batting in the 10th position, no out is recorded.
- Injured Players - No outs are recorded for an injury which occurs during the game.
- Ejection - Player(s) ejected from game will be suspended and will receive an automatic 10-day suspension that begins the day following the incident. Suspended players are not allowed on park property during the suspension period. The suspended player's team will not be allowed to play if the suspended player is on park property and that game will also be forfeited if the suspended player does not leave immediately.
- Reinstatement - Suspensions shall be immediate and remain in effect until the suspended player and his/her team manager appear before the Parks and Recreation Sportsmanship and Eligibility committee.
- Home Run Rule - Two home run limit for all Co-Recreation teams, excess home runs are automatic outs.
- Courtesy Runner - The same sex player who made the last out will be used as the courtesy runner.
- Field Order - There must be 2 men and 2 women in the infield positions; 1 man and 1 woman in the catcher/pitching positions; and 2 men and 2 women in the outfield positions
- Missing Players - Teams can start with 8 players (4 men and 4 women) and no out will be taken for players missing. If you play with 9 players, an automatic out will be called if the same gendered bats back-to-back.
- Blood Rule - Carry an extra shirt and pants to accommodate the blood borne pathogen rule.
- Wrong Ball Pitched - Follow the rule in the book concerning wrong ball pitched. 3rd base coaches will hold the extra ball.
- Tie-Breaker Rule - One hour game time limit. If game is running late use the tie-breaker rule. Tie breaker rule: The batter who made the last out will be put on second base to start an inning and three outs must occur. If the game remains tied after a full inning, the game will be listed as a tie in the standings.
- Rain Make-Up - Rained out games will be rescheduled as early as possible or at the end of the season. Rescheduled games will be listed on the website.
Please use garbage containers for all trash. If there is excessive trash left around the fields and in the parking lots, the Police Department will be notified to monitor the parks closely for littering or excessive drinking. Do not loiter in the parks following the last game of the night.