A public hearing on this Comprehensive Plan Amendment has been scheduled to place at the regularly scheduled Brainerd Planning Commission meeting on Wednesday, April 21, 2021 in the City Council Chambers at Brainerd City Hall located at 501 Laurel St., Brainerd, MN 56401.
A copy of this draft Comprehensive Plan amendment is available through the link below. The City is receiving public comment on this proposed amendment until Wednesday, April 21. The following highlights the amended content in the plan to where the City would like to direct your comments:
- Land use chapter: The Future Land Use Plan has been amended to include new content, an updated future land use map, and updated future land use categories. This chapter also provides supporting narratives and information to support future work and zoning changes
- Pages 17-28: New content was created, and edits were made to existing content within this page range
- No additional content was amended or changed prior to page 17
- Housing chapter: Minimal changes occurred to this chapter. The only change that occurred was the additional of language introducing the recent completion of the Workforce Housing Study
- Page 34: New content added
- Implementation chapter: Minimal changes were made to the land use implementation chart
- Page 69: Omitted content
- Table of contents and acknowledgment page has been updated
Comments may be submitted to:
Mr. David Chanski
501 Laurel Street
Brainerd MN 56401
If you have any questions on this project, please contact the Community Development Department at 218-828-2307.
Comprehensive Plan Amendment